Friday, January 6, 2012

Project 1/52

The theme for week 1 is 'Sharing or Natural' and while I would love to catch my children actually "sharing" something with each other, that isn't likely (at least not this week). This was definitely not planned and the pictures were taken moments before my light was gone but nonetheless I want to get this weeks theme done. I decided to go with the theme 'natural'. As a mom, I make PB&J's many times a week. I took a small bite of my son's sandwich this morning and the jelly tasted artificial. I read through the laundry list of ingredients on the back and had a light bulb moment........!!! Why not make my own? So I did and it tastes amazing. It can be used as a jelly or sauce. It would be divine on toast and more divine on ice cream. I used up the rest of the blackberries I had purchased a couple of days ago. The ingredients I put into mine are blackberries, white wine (don't worry, the alcohol is totally cooked out), balsamic vinegar, sugar, lime juice and corn starch (to thicken). Oh, and a pinch of salt!!! That's it. All natural and no hard-to-pronounce ingredients. I have never made a jelly preserve before but this was super easy and fun to create and I feel good knowing what I'm putting in my kids mouth. Yum. And yes, I still have my Christmas tree up as evidenced by the below pic. It's the last thing to take down and put up in the attic! Blessings.
Store bought vs. homemade!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Toni Parvin
CoffeeShop Designs